Saturday, January 29, 2005

War of the Blogs

Check out the latest missive over on LJ. I'm comparing the capabilities of the two. The "freebie" templates for Blogger are much nicer, as are the capabilities to configure the look and feel of your page. The LJ freebie pages are much plainer, but I think they ultimately have the better solution. The pages are much faster to load, there isn't the time delay, and I've never lost content during a "publish". Also, I like the stronger community features: better profiling, linking to friends, multiple user pictures, and the user comments have pictures and are threaded (you can reply to comments). The layout limitations of LJ could be fixed by paying the monthly fee... I might do that just so I can use PGP signed email posting! Bogger has some nice abilities to have multiple blogs and publish to "remote blogs" and allow multiple people to work on a blog, and some might consider the WYSIWYG editor a strength... but I would rather edit everything in my own text editor and do the layout the way I want.

Anyway... check out my latest there if you want...

1 Comments:

At January 29, 2005 at 7:02 PM, Blogger James said...

Yeah, $5/2 months is pretty cheap. Think I'll see if I keep posting for a bit though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home